Volunteering with us is a great way to engage in a fulfilling experience that allows you to make a difference in preserving our heritage, meet like-minded individuals and develop new skills in areas such as guided tours, milling demonstrations, event organization, maintenance, and more.
As a volunteer at Cogglesford Watermill, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the preservation and celebration of this extraordinary piece of history by sharing your time and skills, and creating unforgettable experiences for visitors. Whether you have a passion for history, love working with people, or simply enjoy being part of a team, volunteering at Cogglesford Watermill offers numerous benefits.
Join us today and play a vital role in bringing the past to life for generations to come! Please fill out the form below if you’d like a member of the team to get in touch.
Would you like to help but don’t know how? Here are some ideas:
- Keeping the outside of the mill looking neat and tidy (this can be done as and when you’d like to, whether the mill is open or closed)
- Serving refreshments in our small gift shop (one afternoon a week, or whenever suits you within our opening times)
- Baking demonstrations or tasters (for events, or for weekly tasters in our gift shop. This could even be done from home, we’ll provide the ingredients!)
- Tour guide (once a week during our opening times, or for events only if you’d prefer)
- School trips and group visits (as and when during term times)
- Regular monthly group sessions (toddler clubs, craft clubs)