As excitement builds for this historic occasion, we are thrilled to provide a comprehensive guide to all the festivities happening in the area.
This May marks the momentous occasion of the coronation of the new monarch, and North Kesteven is gearing up to celebrate in style. With a plethora of events and activities happening throughout the month, there is something for everyone to enjoy, whether you’re a local resident or a visitor from further afield.
Whether you’re a die-hard royalist, a history buff, or simply looking for a fun and memorable day out, we invite you to explore our website and discover all that North Kesteven has to offer during this once-in-a-lifetime event. Let’s make this coronation a celebration to remember!
Saturday 06 May
- When: Saturday, 9am to 7:30pm
- Where: Sleaford
- Details: You’ll find something for everyone to enjoy throughout the town, with the main activities and events taking place at Boston Road Recreation Ground, Sleaford Town Hall, the Market Place and Eastgate Green. As well as a large screen showing the Coronation, enjoy live entertainment & performances, bouncy castles & inflatables, face painting, stalls, food & drink, Charity Fancy Dress Fun Run and lots more.
- When: Saturday, 10am-5pm
- Where: The Venue, Navenby
- Details: Two days of FREE family fun and entertainment to celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III. On Saturday, enjoy a big screening of The Coronation, BBQ, bouncy castle and bar. The fun continues tomorrow in Jubilee Gardens, Wellingore.
- When: Saturday, 10am-3pm
- Where: Eastgate Car Park, near the River Slea
- Details: Slea Paddlers are delighted to be offering a free Come and Try session on Saturday 6 May as part of the Sleaford Town Council’s Coronation event. The session is open to the public and free of charge, under 8’s must be accompanied by an adult.
Coronation Activity Day at IBCC
- When: Saturday, 10am-5pm
- Where: IBCC
- Details: There’s no need to book for this special free pop-up activity day at the International Bomber Command Centre. Celebrate the coronation of King Charles III with craft activities and artefacts on display for all the family to enjoy.
- When: Saturday, 11am onwards
- Where: Three Kings Inn, Threekingham
- Details: Browse the craft market, enjoy face painting, bouncy castle, raffle, cake stall, karaoke and disco!
- When: Saturday, 9pm
- Where: The Ivy, Sleaford
- Details: Take the chance to dress like royalty and join The Ivy for their Coronation Party. There’ll be fun and games, raffle, Best Dressed competition and more!
- When: Saturday and Sunday, during opening times
- Where: Daisy Made Farm, Skellingthorpe
- Details: This weekend, have your FREE go at Archery at Daisy Made Farm with On-Point Archery to celebrate the King’s Coronation!
Sunday 07 May
- When: Sunday, 2pm-7:30pm
- Where: Jubilee Gardens, Wellingore
- Details: Another day of FREE family fun and entertainment, enjoy four live bands, crafts stalls, BBQ & hog roast and bar.
- When: Sunday, 12pm-4pm
- Where: Cogglesford Watermill, Sleaford
- Details: Eat like royalty with delicious scones and mini Victoria Sponges made with the mill’s own stone-ground flour. Sample these treats in the picturesque surroundings of our historic mill and experience the authentic taste of traditional baking.
- When: Sunday, 10am
- Where: Swaton to Heckington
- Details: A great cause and a fun day out – departing from Swaton at 10am, the Run will travel around local roads with a halfway point at Heckington Windmill. All proceeds raised from this event will be donated to the Lincolnshire And Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance.
- When: Sunday, 11am-4pm
- Where: Parkfield Playing Field, Ruskington
- Details: There’s free entry to this fantastic family-friendly event! Enjoy Tug-O-War & Sausage Slinging, Dog Show, Fancy Dress, Bake Off, Beat the Keeper and much more!
Duck Race and Coronation Regatta, Heighington
- When: Sunday, 11am
- Where: The Beck, Heighington
- Details: Raise money for two Lincolnshire medical charities and have lots of fun at the same time! Registration forms can be purchased from the Tucann Lodge for £3. Each child taking part will recieve a souvenir certificate and bookmark to keep!
Nocton Coronation Street Party
- When: Sunday, 2pm-5pm
- Where: The Green by All Saints Church, Nocton
- Details: There will be a Picnic on the Green, Brass Band, raffle and you’re welcome to dress up in your most impressive crown, hat or headdress! Celebrate this grand event in the traditional way.
Little Hale – God Save the King Village Celebration
- When: Sunday, arrive 12:30pm for a 1pm start
- Where: Parva House, Little Hale
- Details: Enjoy a two-course Sunday lunch followed by a service at the Chapel with tea and cake at 4pm. Tickets are available on a first-come/first serve basis until capacity is filled.
Please contact 07974 101738 if you would like to buy ticket(s), leave a message with your name and address and one of the Parish Council members will pop around to see you.
Prices are: £10 per adult, £5 per child (aged 11 and under)
- When: Sunday
- Where: Osbournby School Playing Field (or Village Hall)
- Details: Entry is free and everyone is welcome! Enjoy live entertainment, a right Royal Quiz, games and a cash bar with keg ale and prosecco. Bring your own picnic, drinks and plastic glasses!
Skellingthorpe Family Picnic
- When: Sunday, 1pm-4pm
- Where: Skellingthorpe Community Car Park
- Details: Open to all residents and families in the village, grab your picnic baskets and drinks and come along to enjoy a day of entertainment and relaxation with your loved ones. With Maypole and Sword dancing, circus workshops, Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Daisy Made ice creams and much more, there’ll be a guaranteed good time for all!
- When: Sunday, 7pm
- Where: Sleaford Masonic Rooms
- Details: Join Miller Magic under the direction of Jim McQuade BEM for this 1940’s themed concert at the Sleaford Masonic Rooms. All profits will be donated to RAFA Cranwell Branch Wings Appeal, tickets are £10 each and can be bought from Hockmeyer’s Motors, Holdingham Garage, Moore & Scrupps Jewellers or on the door.
Monday 08 May
- When: Monday, 11am-4pm
- Where: Heckington Windmill
- Details:To mark the occasion of the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles, we are joining in The Big Help Out!
Come down to the mill on Monday 8th May and see what you can do! Lots of opportunities for all ages and abilities.
- When: Monday, 12-4pm
- Where: Cogglesford Watermill, Sleaford
- Details: There will be plenty of opportunities for volunteers to get involved, including milling flour, baking, bagging and ‘boltering’ or helping out in our lovely gift shop and cafe. You’ll also have the chance to explore the mill and learn more about its fascinating history.
- When: 12-4pm
- Where: Mrs Smith’s Cottage, Navenby
- Details: Celebrate the coronation with the #BigHelpOut – drop in to Mrs Smith’s Cottage to find out what our volunteers get up to and have a go yourself! Not just the tour guiding you might expect, find FREE taster sessions of diary digitisation, our craft and schools workshops, and maintaining our cottage garden and our NavenBees edible garden. Cottage admission charged as usual, last entry 3pm.
- When: Mondays, 10am-3pm (last entry 2:30pm)
- Where: Cranwell Aviation Heritage Museum, North Rauceby
- Details: Join the museum team on Mondays during school holidays for some fun aviation-themed crafts and activities! This Bank Holiday Monday will be themed around the King’s Coronation – you could find out more about his pilot training at RAF College Cranwell!
Activities, Trails and Competitions
Coronation Crown Trail
Visit Mrs Smith’s Cottage, Cogglesford Watermill, Navigation House and Cranwell Aviation Heritage Museum for their special Coronation Crown Trail! Collect a blank crown from any of the four venues, colour in and collect stickers to decorate your design with jewels!
A great free family trail which combines some fantastic heritage visits!
Sleaford Town Council are inviting everyone to have a go at their colouring competition – download a poster, colour it in and make it as bright as you can!
Details on how to enter are on the poster in the link above. Free entry, with Coronation trophies and certificates to be won!
- When: Saturday 6 May
- Where: Boston Road Recreation Ground, Sleaford
Bring along a flower display of your own creation to the Flower Display gazebo between 1.30pm and 2.30pm.
£2 entry, prizes and certificates to be won!
Food and Drink
Planning a Coronation get-together or street party? Why not pre-order your Coronation buffet from one of your local caterers like Jayne’s Pantry in Swaton.
Visit the Sleaford Sausage Shop to pick up a special Coronation sausage, flavoured with pepper, ginger, pimento, nutmeg, mace and spices.
Choose from the special menu celebrating the Best of Britain on Saturday 6 May at Daisy Made Farm! Each British dish will be served with a Union Jack flag and you’ll be made to feel like royalty!